Thursday, April 5, 2007

It's a BOY!


On Wednesday, Josh and I had the blessing of seeing new pictures of our precious little boy! Ultrasound technology is truly amazing as we got glimpses all 5 fingers on each hand, tummy, legs... even the 4 chambers of his tiny, pumping heart! He was moving around like crazy and seems to enjoy being tucked into a little ball -- a position that challenged the ultrasound tech to get the measurements she needed!

Over the last few weeks I have also begun to feel some of the baby’s acrobatics...it felt like a small muscle twitches at first and I wasn’t sure if I was just imagining that it was the baby. But seeing the baby move on the ultrasound screen and simultaneously feeling it confirmed my suspicions! I don’t notice him moving so much during the day while I am teaching and moving around, but as soon as I sit for a while I start feeling his gentle little nudges.

We also rejoiced to hear (and see) that the baby seems to be developing normally and to be healthy! All the measurements indicated that the due date given to us at the 10 week ultrasound was accurate -- August 22nd, here we come! The baby is also around 14 oz right now... just a little less than a pound!

Now we just need to get the baby’s room underway...

No comments:

Guestbook

The Lauer Family