Thursday, January 25, 2007

Heeeerrrrre's Beano!


A tiny little miracle. Heart fluttering and hands waving. Here’s *Beano!

Our first ultrasound was today and I think it is fair to say it was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. Beano cooperated perfectly with Dr. Krasnoff, even giving a little wave to me and Josh as we stared at the screen in awe. She measured him at 3.31 cm (about the size of a grape) and said that I am 10 weeks along -- that matches up perfectly with my guess of our due date, August 22nd!

After the ultrasound, we met with Dr. K about all the things we need to know about being pregnant -- diet, vitamins, registering for the hospital, etc. An overwhelming amount of information in a huge folder. She also told us about all sort of testing options to find out whether a myriad of things might be wrong with the baby... just what I needed, more to worry about! But seeing two arms, two legs, little hands, head and tummy, seems to put my mind at rest -- we will trust God to make sure all the parts are in place and working properly!

*Josh is responsible for the nickname “Beano”... I think it originated after I told him the baby was the size of a lentil bean. He claims to have never heard of the anti-gas medication of the same name! I protested... but it has stuck!

No comments:

Guestbook

The Lauer Family