Sunday, February 4, 2007

Leave of Absence


I have been teaching 7th grade science for TEN years! That is sometimes hard for me to believe. I taught for 4 years at Cross Keys Middle School in Ferguson-Florissant and now 6 years at North Kirkwood Middle School in Kirkwood.

Now, with Little Lauer on the way, we are considering the possibility of me taking next year off from teaching. My principal has graciously agreed to hold my spot, hiring a permanent sub for the year. What a blessing! It is weird to think of NOT being in the classroom next year but exciting to imagine the fun I will have at home with Beano (once I figure out how in the world to take care of a baby!)

I have also begun a conversation with our district science facilitator about doing some contract work from home -- they definitely could use the help and I think it would help me stay connected to department during my year away. It would also give us a little financial cushion... but it is still in the very beginning stages of the discussion. We’ll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Guestbook

The Lauer Family