Monday, November 5, 2007

Tricks not treats...

With Noah not even 3 months old yet, we did not have big plans for Halloween. I couldn't bring myself to spend money on a costume that no one would really see him in ... we usually have a grand total of 2 trick-or-treaters and I thought Noah was a little young for the Harvest Party at church. I had planned, however, to take him up to see the skits/raps that Josh's volleyball team was performing that afternoon and to go to dinner with team. My mom had sent an adorable giraffe outfit that resembled a costume that Noah was going to wear...

Turns out that Halloween had more tricks that treats in store for us... Noah developed a cough the day before and early in the morning of Halloween he got very sick. After a call to the pediatrician's exchange and a trip to Walgreens at 2am, all settled back down in the Lauer house. But Noah and I were too exhausted the next day to make it up to UMSL. The closest he got to dressing up was to put on this cute sleeper that one of Josh's club players gave us... if you can't read the front, it says, "I want my Mummy."

As a side note, when I returned from Walgreens at 2am (Josh stayed with the baby), I saw something interesting. I pulled into the driveway and saw a gigantic owl perched on the peak of our roof. I could only see its silhouette, but it was pretty amazing. As I walked up to the front door, it swooped down across the yard to the opposite side of the street. It's wingspan was impressive. Just a little eerie the morning of Halloween!

No comments:

Guestbook

The Lauer Family