Sunday, June 15, 2008

Unbelievable

As some of you know, I graduated from high school in Iowa City, Iowa. My parents moved to Michigan shortly after I graduated from college, so I don't go back very often, but the town still holds a special place in my heart. I also have many friends who still live in the area.

All of the rain this spring has resulted in massive flooding in many cities in Iowa, including Iowa City. The extent of the flooding is unreal.  I found this video on the Des Moines Register website and thought I would share it here. Please join me in praying for all those affected by this flooding... I don't think the Iowa River is expected to crest until late Monday or early Tuesday.

(Okay... I had to remove the video because the music drove me crazy anytime I went to update the blog or read comments... if you want to see it, click here)

1 comment:

Brenda Rae said...

I don't know if you remember me from CKMS, but we have since moved back to IA - actually Iowa City area. It has been amazing to see how God is working in the flood. Our church was hit terribly - 7 ft of water, but the people coming together has been amazing. We are meeting at West right now until the building can be fixed. I am praying for you and all of Noah's continual battles. With love, Brenda

Guestbook

The Lauer Family