Thursday, March 13, 2008

More good news

We have a pediatrician!

Ok... I haven't actually talked to her yet or made an appointment... but I got an email from our neurologist today indicating that he had talked to the pediatrician we were most interested in and she agreed to take Noah as a patient!  This a huge answer to prayer!

Also, and I am not sure why I am surprised by these sort of things anymore, we found out that there is a doctor/scientist in Birmingham who is doing research on one of two leukodystrophies that Noah may have... this is pretty amazing considering how rare these disorders are and how few doctors are choosing to research them.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting a Dr.
I'm sure that you have already been on the United Leukodystrophy Foundation website (ulf.org), but in case you haven't I wanted to let you know about it.
Have a great time with your Mom in town, and try to get some much needed rest.
Sally Cook

C. Shirk said...

Hi Deb,
I don't really know you that well - I'm Anne Williams' sister, and she told me about Noah and directed me to your blog. I visited it a while ago when you posted "In my mind's eye" and described your vision of your network of prayer warriors like the Verizon commercials. I just wanted to tell you that I have thought of that image a lot since reading your post and I think it is so cool and an an accurate way of thinking of people interceding for us in prayer. I really admire how you are relying on God for strength during this difficult time. You have an awesome attitude and God will most certainly bless your family.
Carrie Shirkey

Guestbook

The Lauer Family