Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ponderings and progress

PONDERINGS:
I attended a women's Bible study this morning at the church we tried Sunday morning.  The women were welcoming and I am excited about getting to know them better over the next few weeks... they are completing a study called "The Amazing Collection" which is a study of the Bible book by book.  They are currently focusing on the minor prophets and we began today with Hosea.  There are a couple of quotes from the study that spoke to me as I wrestle with God over Noah's diagnosis...

Thomas Aquinas:  "Give me, O Lord, a steadfast heart, which no unworthy affection may drag downward;  give me an unconquered heart, which no tribulation can wear out; give me an upright heart, which no unworthy purpose may tempt aside.  Bestow on me also, O Lord my God, understanding to know You, diligence to seek You, wisdom to find You, and faithfulness that may finally embrace You, through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Gerard Hughes:  "God is continually drawing us to Himself in everything we experience."

PROGRESS:
I have been in the business of making phone calls these last few days in an attempt to get doctors lined up for Noah.  The progress has been slow but I finally got a call back from the pediatric neurologist (Dr. Percy) we had been referred to.  He has requested Noah's files from St. Louis and will likely see us next week sometime.  He has a particular interest in leukodystrophies and hopefully will bring significant knowledge to Noah's case.  I am still trying to find a pediatrician... it seems that most pediatricians in Tuscaloosa are only accepting newborns as new patients.  I have a few possibilities but please pray that we find just the right doctor...  I also got a message from the regional coordinator of Alabama's early intervention program (similar to First Steps in MO) and am anxious to find out what services they will be able to provide to us.  "Farther up and further in" I go...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman. I truly admire your strength, faith, and wisdom.
love,
Laura

Guestbook

The Lauer Family