Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeding woes...

Noah has had a rough few days. Beginning on Saturday he has been in a cycle of throwing up that we haven't been able to break. It doesn't seem to matter if he eats through his bottle or by g-tube, he just isn't keeping food down. Please join with us in praying that this cycle would end... it is hard on his little body and emotionally exhausting for us (not to mention the laundry we are doing).

Please also pray for wisdom on what course of action we should take with his feeding. There are many options but no clear choice. No one seems to be able to tell me what to do and I feel like everyone expects me to know what is best... which I don't. All I know is that my little boy is not eating enough and it breaks my heart.

I will post later about Noah's baptism... it was wonderful and moving. I managed to hold it together emotionally through the service and the brunch only to fall apart later while watching Noah sleep in my arms that afternoon. Thanks to all who were there in person and in spirit to celebrate this event with us... your love means everything to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Kara Fitterers sister-in-law, from N.D. I have a nephew with congenital myasthenia gravis, he started life with a peg and trach, and still has a peg. Nathanial had a lap nissan fundaplication, and he never spit up, he would get gaggy at times, his lap nissan was done the same time as his peg tube. If Noah had this done, you need to have it redone, by someone else. Nathanial is doing great, and never gags anymore. I hope this helps. Becky

Anonymous said...

I heard about your website through another person's blog--and my heart and prayers go out to your entire family. We went through a very scary medical situation with our 2 1/2 year old at the end of December, and there is nothing as helpless as seeing your child go through all this.(your IV line placement brought back bad memories) But, through reading your Blog I am amazed at your deep faith and hope throughout each new challenge. May God bless you all--I will continue to follow your story, and pray for your family. A verse that has brought me comfort is, "God knows every detail of what is happening to me."(Job 23:10) Rachelle(Spokane, WA)

Guestbook

The Lauer Family