Friday, February 15, 2008

We're home!

We were discharged from the hospital today earlier than expected.  Noah still has some discomfort from his surgery, but seems to be tolerating feedings through his g-tube fairly well and he has eaten more in the last 24 hours than he has in recent memory!  We will go to the pediatrician on Thursday to find out if our new feeding regimen has resulted in any weight gain.  
A couple of pictures for your enjoyment:
Noah enjoyed a nap with Tavish and Brody the day before his surgery

Noah living the good life... his pump is in the 
background feeding him while he takes a snooze.

Josh just left for the airport... which makes me sad.  I won't see him again until next Friday morning, which feels like an eternity.  One day at a time.

A good friend sent me an encouraging scripture today (thanks Jan!) which I thought I would share:
‘I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.’ (Ps. 27: 13-14)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I got your blog page from reading Jodified,and my heart goes out to you and your family. I have a 3 almost 4 year old son which has had a G-tube since he was 6 weeks old. He also had severe feeding issues and I know how frustrating it can be yet rewarding at the same time. He is doing great now and the G-tube doesn't bother him at all, infact he calls it his extra button. If you ever have any questions or just another mom who has been through similar circumstances you can write me anytime. Thank you for sharing your story and just know I am praying for you and your family.
Amy ilmskyler@hotmail.com

Katie said...

Let us know if we can lighten your load this week while Josh is out! We'd be happy to help!

The Locke Family said...

Glad you guys are home. Hang in there this week while Josh is gone. Wish I could be there to help you in some way!

Lance and Heather said...

he looks so cozy laying on his GTCC blanket! I love Caleb's GTCC blanket and snuggle up with it often myself.

thinking about ya, hd

The Wagners said...

Happy six month birthday Noah! We love you!

Guestbook

The Lauer Family