Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Special request

Noah's last carbon dioxide readings were too high... when we were in the PICU he was riding around 50 (somewhere in the upper 30s or low 40s is normal).  The pulmonologist was going to give surgery the green light if he was in the same neighborhood today.  Unfortunately, his reading today was 72.  Not good.

No one seems to be able to tell us why he isn't venting the CO2 effectively so we aren't sure what will correct the situation and make him ready for surgery.

Please pray that they decide to do a second reading later and that it is lower so we can still have Noah's surgery tomorrow OR that they do another reading tomorrow and surgery is an option for Thursday or Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying my friend. Love you, D

Becca said...

will pray...

Fern said...

I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

hi guys!! ive been staring at the banner at the top of ur blog. his eyes are the cutest things ever!! :) its making me smile, I hope he's doing well and continues to improve. Im coming to visit tomorrow, with a little vegan special dish. ;) (i promise it tastes delicious)
im praying for all of you~~!
tell little noah to stay strong. he needs a strength tattoo like me...maybe ill take him to go get one. ;) hehehe jusssst kidding.
Love and prays,
Lauren

Guestbook

The Lauer Family